Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Begin Fly Attack - Now!!

I hate flies, and for the southern California horse owner, we are either in the mud season or fly season. Right now, we are in the small transition period from mud-to-fly season. Time to start bringing on the heavy artillery in the attack against flies!! My major weapon of choice: Solitude IGR by Pfizer, a feed through fly control product. I used it last year with great results. (I tried the fly predators the year before, but they just didn't work for me!). Yes, I still have to spray the horses when I bring them out to groom & ride, and they still wear fly masks for the occasional renegade fly, but for the most part, our fly population among 10 horses is drastically reduced.
And that's really good news when you have a busy riding stable full of children who hate the thought of even one fly landed on them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment