Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Will they ever out grow their skittishness??

Skittishness - now, that's some odd looking word, but you get the meaning. (Look it up, it refers specifically to horses!)

Flash and Zim, the up-'til-now inseparable Welsh bros are skittish ponies. And we've all worked hard, long and diligently to "cure" them of this for two years! I'm hoping it may be just their age - they are 5 years old, and maybe, like teenagers, one day they will wake-up and be well adjusted, responsive, obedient; older, wiser...mature and settled. And all the hard work you put into "raising them right" will pay off!



One thing I like to do, is take them for walks in the neighborhood, like a dog, exposing them to all sorts of stimuli. At one time, my kids rode skateboards with me on these walks - now that was special! Nothing quite like a skateboarder coming up on your starboard side at full throttle!! Today, it was with my daughter and roller blades, and Zim, having lived through the skateboard years, was quite calm and obedient; staying by my side at every turn, stop, back-up, trot! A real dream pony.






He definitely is getting less skittish, although he still has his moments. He's come a long way!

I think he'll make a great hunter/jumper pony!


Here he is free jumping and lovin' it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment