Sunday, May 31, 2009

Good-bye Oleander! Hello Hawaiian Pizza!


Spent almost the entire day trimming back poisonous Oleander bushes from the perimeter fence in the new turn-out. Husband Bob and daughter Kristin helped, as well as Jessika (who turns out to be quite the little task master!) and Donnie - thank goodness, because it was a tremendous amount of work. We trimmed back about 150 feet of shrub brush over hang; then meticulously raked up every old, dry Oleander leaf that had fallen along the fence line over the last 10 years. (It's extremely toxic - even the dry leaves!) When we thought we had gotten every last leaf, we brought out the leaf blower (and blew any remaining leaves back through the fence into the neighbor's yard - they are his trees, after all!!) I still felt like I should bring out my vacuum cleaner just to be sure.....




We loaded two truckloads of clippings, then order pizza for delivery.



I was happy to find that Jessika and Donnie like Hawaiian Pizza, too, because nobody in my family will eat it, so I can never order it for family pizza dinner.





Dinner a la fresco!!


Tonight, we have Jack, Zim, Flash and Tango in the new turnout.

Max is still very sick - I've called the doctor (well...I texted him!) and he'll be out tomorrow to draw a blood sample. I bet he has hepatitis again!!

Need to ask the doctor tomorrow what he's found out about hyperthyroidism in horses (i.e. Jack)

No comments:

Post a Comment