Saturday, May 30, 2009

Suddenly - There's a New Turn-out!


Joanna came over today to work on the horses hooves and announced she'd brought her husband to build a turn-out for the horses because that's what was needed to keep their hooves healthy and strong.

We had talked about putting in a circular turn-out around the perimeter of the property - eventually! and that idea appealed to me, but I don't think I was ready to dismantle half my pipe corral paddocks and re-assemble them into a nifty quarter acre run around for the horses, but that's what happened this evening! Jason (Joanna's Husband) and Bob (my husband) worked until dark to make it happen. (Then we went to J.J. Purty's in Fallbrook for dinner & Drinks)

And so now I'm worrying about how they are going to get along in this turn-out even though I know it's the best and most natural for them - it's that initial pecking order repartee that they go through that I worry about. And the Oleander bushes that are so prevalent along the fence line.

No comments:

Post a Comment